HEN is bringing Greening Sacred Spaces to Halton.
Greening Sacred Spaces (GSS) is a practical program developed by Faith & the Common Good to assist faith communities in taking concrete actions to create a more sustainable and energy efficient place of worship and to educate members of the community about ecological issues. Faith communities have a spiritual responsibility to be stewards of the environment. Greening Sacred Spaces Halton is a regional chapter of the national GSS program.
Objectives of Greening Sacred Spaces Halton:
- to educate, create awareness, and assist faith communities, including individual households, in reducing their environmental footprint,
- to promote the creation of green teams within faith communities in Halton, and
- to build relationships among faith communities to work together and support each other in greening initiatives.
Strategies of Greening Sacred Spaces Halton:
- to hold networking events in order to help connect faith communities and the surrounding community at large, and
- to provide resources, case studies, and best practices for faith communities.
To add yourself or your organization to our contact list, please email Subscribe to receive our e-newsletters.or click
- 1 May 2013 : Environmental Group of the Week: Oakville-Mississauga KAIROS (No Comments)
KAIROS unites Canadian churches and religious organizations in a faithful ecumenical response to the call to “do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God” (Micah [More...]
- 8 December 2012 : GSS Halton-Peel Steering Committee (No Comments)
The steering committee for the Halton chapter of Greening Sacred Spaces was set up in February 2011. It was expanded to include Peel in October 2011. The current members are: Dave Leeder [More...]
- 19 October 2012 : Congrats to 2011 GSS Award winners (No Comments)
Faith and the Common Good is pleased to present the Greening Sacred Space Awards to recognize the contributions of faith communities who demonstrate commitment in the care of the environment [More...]
- 15 August 2012 : North Halton gets Greening Sacred Spaces (No Comments)
We are pleased to report that our partner in the Greening Sacred Spaces (GSS) program, Community Environment Alliance (CEA) in Brampton, has been successful in receiving a grant to extend [More...]
- 12 May 2012 : Community Environment Alliance (No Comments)
Community Environment Alliance and HEN are partners on the Greening Sacred Spaces project, bringing environmental information to faith communities throughout Halton and Peel. Website: www.communityenvironment.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 905-463-9941