The Halton Environmental Network (HEN) is an incorporated non-profit organization operating in the Region of Halton, Ontario (Burlington, Halton Hills, Milton, and Oakville). HEN shares information and resources with member environmental groups, other non-profit organizations, businesses, governments, and the public.
Purpose: HEN is a network of the environmental non-profit groups operating in Halton Region.
Mission: HEN supports and enhances the capacity of its member groups by making connections and facilitating communication, cooperation, and action focused on environmental sustainability within Halton.
Vision: HEN's vision is to achieve environmental sustainability in Halton.
HEN welcomes new members, affiliates, and supporters. Click on the following links for more information on joining HEN:
- environmental non-profit groups
- other non-profit groups, community groups, and government organizations
- individual supporters
|History||Staff List||Board of Directors|
The Halton Environmental Network (HEN) was formed in 2004 thanks to a generous grant from the Ontario Trillium Foundation, by a collaboration between the Oakville Community Centre for Peace, Ecology and Human Rights and the Ontario Environment Network. Effective April 1, 2007, HEN became an independent organization run by volunteer representatives of various member groups. In March 2008, HEN became incorporated as a non-profit organization.
- Executive Director: Lisa Seiler
- Outreach Coordinator: Christina Read
- Greening Sacred Spaces Coordinator: Christina Read
- HHEAT Technical Specialist: Graham Flint
- Chair: Mike Doutre
- Vice Chair: Stu Campana
- Treasurer: Lee Hartwell
- Secretary: Alysha Bayes
- Burlington Rep.: Nawaz Noormohamed
- Oakville Rep.: Paul Urquhart
- Milton Rep.: Sean James
- Halton Hills Rep.: Jasmin Adams
- 1 vacancy