Jun 20, 2012 No Comments
- Two for one special for students this summer. Ride in July and August for $64 or one month for only $40.
Milton Transit: [news release]
- Students can ride the bus all summer for $45. Those who buy a July student transit pass will receive an August pass for free.
- Students age 14 and under can ride for free with a validated library card as part of Milton Transit's "Ride and Read" program. Validation stickers can be obtained at the Main and Beaty Library branches.
- The Student Freedom Pass costs $15/month and is valid for travel any time during the summer. [Oakville Transit fares]
- Seniors, age 65 and older, can ride Oakville Transit for free on Mondays starting July 2 and running till September 24, 2012. No special passes or tickets will be required, but seniors should carry proper identification in case a driver asks for age validation. This is a pilot project to provide ridership input fof the 2013 budget process. Seniors are invited to complete a questionnaire sharing their experiences during the pilot project.
GO Transit: [latest GO Transit updates]
- An additional morning and afternoon train and other adjustments are being made to the Milton GO train schedule effective Monday, June 25. Milton Transit schedules are being adjusted to match.
- Seasonal GO train service to Niagara Falls starts Saturday, June 23 and runs on weekends and holidays until Monday, September 3. The service travels along the Lakeshore GO line with stops at Union, Exhibition, Port Credit, Oakville, Burlington, St. Catharines, and Niagara Falls.
- Seasonal GO buses run between Yorkdale and Canada's Wonderland.