Building Community Power CO-OPeratively: A Renewable Energy Summit
*Sunday June 10th* at the Royal Botanical Gardens (RBG).
We welcome you to an afternoon of information and networking with others engaged in renewable energy cooperative projects. The OPA has released its 2.0 version of the FIT and MicroFIt program, and community groups have an opportunity to profit from this program. Key note speaker is Rob Yost, President of Local Initiative for Future Energy (LIFE) Co-op.
Greetings from Burlington Mayor Rick Goldring and Hamilton City Councillor Brian McHattie.
Feature presentations include:
- Information about community power projects in Ontario
- How to use the co-op model to benefit from Ontario’s Feed-In-Tariff Program
- How to finance and support your renewable energy co-operative (Ontario Sustainable Energy Association-OSEA)
- Considerations for Collaboratives, Joint-Ventures and Community-Corporate Partnerships (TREC Renewable Energy Co-operative)
- Getting your project connected to the electricity grid (Horizon Energy Solutions Inc).
The event includes local technology vendors and exhibitors. If you would like to be an exhibitor contact Beatrice at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Doors open at 12pm. Workshops from: 1-5pm
We are offering a Community Power 101 crash course, starting at 12:30pm.